Monday, January 12, 2009

It's Good To Be King

The Broncos have hired a new coach, and that man is Josh McDaniels, former Patriots OC. I haven't had time to discuss my thoughts on the Shanny firing but I do wish him well. He's a great coach and offensive mind, there's no doubt that he will catch on somewhere else and achieve success. The Broncos have been stuck in a rut for years where they were good enough to barely make or barely miss the playoffs. A new direction was needed and I think this move will make the Broncos strong contenders in the next couple of years. I don't think we can expect huge things from the Broncos next year (not to say they can't succeed quickly) but this should be a solid team in 3-4 years.

It is currently being reported by a very trustworthy Broncos source that Mike Nolan will be Josh McDaniels' D coordinator. I couldn't be happier with this decision as Nolan has been with the Broncos in the past and has attained a great amount of success in turning Baltimore into a defensive powerhouse. He was fired as San Francisco's coach last year but for a couple of years he managed to pluck them from the dregs of the NFC where at one point they were thought to be a team that was a couple of years away. The Broncos will no doubt take a long look at their defensive personel as it has been said that Nolan will bring in a 3-4 defense. Denver's D line has been porous of late so change is iminent. As for free agents, if the Broncos bring in Albert Haynesworth I will be extremely happy, if they bring in Nnamdi Asomugha, I will shed tears.

No comments: