Thursday, March 19, 2009

TO to Dallas: "My work here is done."

The Vagaries of Man-Love was able to catch up with the Buffalo Bills' newest addition, Terrell Owens, while he was on vacation in Miami. Owens was extremely candid and provided valuable insight to his character, or lack thereof. When asked to describe the cryptic statement he made soon after his release from the Cowboys, TO had this to say:
"Hey man, look. The best way I can describe it is it's a little like the Superman Credo, 'With great powers come great responsibilities.' I realized at an early age that I had a gift. I could take any situation and destroy it from the inside out, leaving quarterbacks in my wake. Who am I to forsake this God given gift?"
He was then asked why he would feel the need to destroy the confidence of the people who enabled him to succeed.
"I want a championship, I really do. I'm going to do my best to put on a happy face and help my team get that title if I feel like we have that chance. In the end I'm a business man. I'm a once in a generation talent. I gotta get paid like one. I ain't no coach or commentator; I can't fall back on that kind of thing. What does that mean? That means I need to make my money while I got this talent. Not every player gets guaranteed money, but I still can. If a team releases me or buys me out, that's money in my pocket, plus I can still sign with another team. Then I got my signing bonus plus another salary. Think about it. This ain't personal, them quarterbacks are just... what's that called... you know that movie with Arnold... collateral damage, yeah that's it. Once I realized Romo couldn't get it done I had to get out."
When asked about what he expects in Buffalo, TO made his intentions clear: "I signed a one year deal. We know Buffalo ain't winning no title. This town was ripe for the taking, I got a couple things up my sleeve. Trent (Edwards), I got something special for you. Buffalo, get your popcorn ready."

One can only assume that Stanford grad Trent Edwards, Buffalo's incumbent quarterback has a few "rag-armed nerd" blasts in his future.

-PSon

No comments: