Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Morning Anecdotes

  • Brooks Bollinger was just mentioned on NFL Sunday Countdown. If Brad Johnson breaks a hip and Tony Romo gets tied up with Jessica Simpson, Bollinger would quarterback the Cowboys.
  • I feel like signing your letter of intent to QB the University of Wisconsin football team destines you to be a NFL backup. Not a bad choice.
  • Matt Cassel can attest to the fact that being a backup in the NFL is a dream job. Starting is a whole other thing entirely.
  • The countdown has begun to the inevitable TO post game conference where he either calls Brad Johnson gay or questions his ability to run a high powered offense like that of the Cowboys.
  • The Cowboys bailed the Lions out big time with the Roy Williams trade. Good for the Lions, good for Roy Williams, questionable for the Cowboys. 4 draft picks?
  • I don't care what Eric Smith or anybody else says, that hit on Anquan Boldin was horseshit. Polamalu talks about the NFL becoming a "pansy league," they are trying to make money with all these fines. Tell that to the ex-players with serious health problems.
  • WTF happened to the Badgers' football team? Wisconsin was in the top ten and promptly lost 4 straight conference games. The latest was an embarrassing 31 point loss to an unranked Iowa team. Looks like the entire Big Ten is putting a hurt... On Wisconsin... No?
  • Matthew Berry just said that Kyle Orton is a sleeper worth a start. I bet that's not something you would hear at the beginning of the year. I had Orton as the starting QB on my Keglympics team. What a bust.
  • Won $150 yesterday on a 5 team parlay. Texas/Missouri over 65, Texas to win, Illinois to win over Indiana, LSU -1.5 over USC errrrrrrrr... South Carolina, and the Red Sox over the Rays. Lost my 6 teamer to win $500 because Wisconsin sucks and USC covered their mammoth spread.
  • Big parlay of the day (7 teamer) - 49ers/Giants over 46, Giants over 49ers, Broncos over Patriots (I know this one is going to hurt, damn you personal biases), Texans over Lions, Ravens/Dolphins under 36.5, Buccaneers over Seahawks, Titans/Chiefs under 35.
  • Small time bets - Devin Hester to have the most receiving yards this week and Ike Hilliard to score the first touchdown in the Sunday night game. Both are +2000. Sucker's bets? All signs point to yes.
  • I said it Thursday night as I saw the Red Sox put the finishing touches on a shell shocked Rays team, the Red Sox are a lock to win this series. The Rays can't come back from a loss like that. I've been up like that before and for a young team, that's something you don't come back from.
  • Jon Lester overcame cancer, do you think he's worried about a Game 7 in Tampa? Bet it.
  • Deuce, I watched the first four episodes of The Island last night. Freaking fantastic. I now remember what I used to love about The Challenge. I'll get to my thoughts later.

I'll be back for more, during the games.

-PSon

No comments: