Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Barack and Roll

This blog is known for 3 important things. Vaguely homoerotic crotch-gazing, poop jokes, and incisive, cutting edge, world-class political commentary.

Last night, ESPN aired a segment where Stuart Scott (who borrowed Kurt Rambis’ goggles for the occasion), played a little one on one b-ball and talked shop with the Democratic Presidential Nominee, Barack Obama.



From this interview we learned many important things about Senator Obama:

* As a lefty, he has the ability to drive and score with both hands. We all know what that means.

* Loves the Sweetness. And damned if that doesn’t hit home for this Chicago boy. Walter Payton was near the perfect Chicago citizen. I ride the train past Walter Payton Prep everyday. His other charitable deeds live on throughout the city. Walter was a great role model as a player and as a citizen. I’m honored that Barack recognizes this.

* Barack believes the Olympics should not be overly politicized (yes!). Yet states that Human Rights Abuses cannot be overlooked (double yes!).

* Barack also states that Selig should suck it up and deal with steroids himself. Instead of letting congress waste their time and taxpayer money cleaning up the mess Selig’s blissful ignorance left behind (quadruple yes!!).

* And finally, when asked about a Cubs vs Sox World Series, Barack has this to say:

"Who would you root for?'' Scott asked.
"Oh, that's easy,'' Obama replied. "White Sox. I'm not one of these fair weather fans, you go to Wrigley Field, you have a beer, beautiful people up there. People aren't watching the game. It's not serious. White Sox, that's baseball. Southside."

Southside. I can’t even imagine what I could possibly add to that. Speechless doesn’t do it. My words have left me. khohpuprebv;advskrbjah

After doing a touch of research for this important political piece, I also came across another wonderful little nugget. Here’s a transcript of the speech Obama read on THE FLOOR OF THE SENATE after the White Sox won the World Series. 

I love this man.

The only question I have left, and it keeps me up at night, is… if both Barack and Carlos Quentin were running for president… who would I vote for?

-bb13

No comments: